Chapel Hill, NC | 919-636-3634
Haleh (pronounced Holly) is the senior vice president and lead advisor of our Chapel Hill office, where she works with clients of all ages and in all stages of life. Haleh also leads Stearns women’s advisory practice where she focuses on issues surrounding women and finance, as well as ESG investing as a tool for creating social change. She is the author of two books; Women On Top: Women, Wealth & Social Change and Gray Divorce, Silver Linings: A Woman’s Guide to Divorce After 50 (Stearns Financial Group Field Guide Series Book 1). Haleh speaks at local and national events and serves as a media resource on a wide range of financial topics. Prior to joining SFG in 2011, Haleh used her CPA credential at Price Waterhouse Coopers and in a treasury and finance role at a public company.
BA – Journalism, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Certified Public Accountant
Haleh has authored two books, Women on Top: Women, Wealth & Social Change (Amazon 2020) and Gray Divorce, Silver Linings: A Woman’s Guide to Divorce After 50 (Amazon 2017).
She is frequently asked to be interviewed, speak or write about financial subjects, as seen here:
• Financial Advisor article: Planting Seeds of Hope for Women’s Financial Empowerment
• Industry Leaders article: ESG Investing Could Spur Giving
• Power of the Purse podcast: Planning for Financial Independence
• Financial Advisor article: Stop Making Assumptions About Female Clients
• Barron's article: 3 Retirement Myths Debunked
• Forbes article: How Much Should You Have Saved by Age
• UNC podcast: Start Here / Never Stop
• AARP article: Later-In-Life Money Fights
• Advisor Solutions article: Gray Divorce
• Kiplinger's article: 3 Scenarios That Could Derail Your Retirement
• Kiplinger's article: A Money Smart Divorce
• Investor's Business Daily article: Niche Marketing Helps Advisors Target Clients’ Lifestyle, Hobbies
• Reuters article: Gray divorces and tax changes complicate retirement
• AICPA article: What CPAs should know about ‘gray divorce’
• 1808 (Greensboro's Magazine): Accountant pens ‘Gray Divorce, Silver Linings: A Woman’s Guide to Divorce After 50’
Haleh is a former member of the board at Carolina Meadows, the state’s largest continuing care facility, where she served as treasurer and chaired the board finance committee.